Happy Independence Day!
This pattern is inspired by my hippy days and brings back the nostalgia and freedom of my youth. But it’s also a great contemporary pattern as the 60’s fashions come back. This vest is so fun to wear and flatters every figure. The way it drapes and flows around you, I guarantee you will love the sensation. An original pattern from Gena Hester for Yarn Designers Boutique and crocheted in Kramer’s Belfast Irish Linen Tweed Blend yarn makes it the perfect sweater vest for year around comfort.
Dress it down for daytime or up for the evening! You can even wear it upside down for a shorter fuller look. People will stop you in the street to comment on how amazing this is.
Not only is it super fun to wear, its great to make, its made completely in the round, and I love making it so much I’ve made 7 different versions of this vest, in different colors, and yarn weights! This pattern is for a DK weight yarn and we have so many color choices for you.
The vest is approximately 48” long from the back of the neck and fits up to at least a 40” bust – making it a small to medium size. Model is 5’1” to give you an idea of how the length would fit you depending on your height.
If you would like a custom vest made, please contact us at
(909) 584-9715 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for yarn choices and additional sizes and prices.
Each of Gena’s pieces feature fashion forward styles and strong, quality crochet stitches and yarns for many years of wear. You will also find her finishing and blocking techniques give you the feel of a couture garment.
Kraemer ‘Belfast’ for a soft natural color
Caron ‘Simply Soft Yarn 6oz’. for a solid vest
Mary Maxim ‘Prism’ for a Self Striping multicolored look
● 1,320 yards dk weight yarn for the small size (noted as a “3” yarn). (The Grey/white fleck small example is made in Kraemer “Belfast” (a linen blend) in the color “Peat” – DK weight, 220 yds per skein, used 6 skeins.) Add several hundred yards for larger sizes. Keep in mind 220 yards only makes 2 – 3 lace finishing rounds.
● Size I (5.5 mm) crochet hook – I prefer Soft Touch as it is very comfortable for this larger project.
● Attachable stitch markers to mark row beginnings.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: beach, boho, breezy, cool, crochet, Crochet Patterns, DK, gypsy, hippy, lace, pattern, project, summer