Creative Batik by Rosi Robinson
Note: This book has been marked down to half price because it bears some minor water damage. We have checked it and all the patterns are still usable.
Rosi Robinson shows you how to create beautiful batik designs and pictures.
Learn all the techniques required in 9 step-by-step projects.
- From making simple marks and drawing with wax to dipping and painting with dyes, etching, cracking, discharging and more, this book contains all you need to create beautiful batik.
- Learn the history of batik and get detailed advice on all the materials and preparations required.
- Discover artistic advice on using color and on how to use hard wax, stamps, brushes and cantings (tjantings) through a series of beautiful projects.
- Build your skills with each project.
- All templates are provided to you.
- A gallery of beautiful batik artworks will inspire you, whether you're a beginner or an experienced artist.
About the Author
Originally from Scotland, Rosi lives in Sussex, England, but spends her summers in Nova Scotia, Canada. She majored in History at Vassar College, New York, USA, then taught art for over forty years and was Head of Art at Cumnor House School, Sussex for the last twenty-eight years. She retired from full-time teaching in 2013 and now lectures, gives workshops and exhibits her figurative batik paintings throughout the UK and abroad.
Published by Search Press on August 8, 2016
Paperback, 96 pages, English
Dimensions 8.63" x 0.3" x 11"