DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint, 8 Ounce Bottle
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint is a premium quality, all- purpose water-based acrylic for arts, crafts and more.Â
These bottles are 8 ounces, mix and match your favorite colors. You can also find more American Acrylics in smaller 2 ounce bottles here.
Americana Acrylics will deliver a permanent, durable finish and is ideal for professional artists, crafters, and students. Americana Acrylics are water-based and non-toxic and can be coated with a gloss or pearlescent finish to create various sheens. These acrylic paint can be used on almost any surface.
- Bright and lightfast pigments
- One coat coverage with most colorsÂ
- Color consistency
- Blends easily
- Durable, matte finish
- Consistent viscosity
- Soap and water clean-up while wet
Tips for Americana Acrylics
Shake well before using. Apply one well-brushed coat using a soft brush or sponge brush. Apply multiple coats when using more transparent colorsÂ (yellows require several coats to build up opacity). Allow to dry thoroughly before applying additional coats or varnishes.
Squirt a small amount out of the bottle at a time since acrylics dry so quickly.
Masking tape applied over already-dried acrylic paint will not damage the existing paint, thus making it easier to produce a hard or sharp edge.
Glass or high-density plastic makes a great reusable palette because acrylic paints will not cling to them, making clean-up easy.
Typically, the shelf life for most paints is 5-7 years. If kept in a closed container under stable living temperatures, shelf life can be indefinite. Here are a few guidelines to follow to determine if your Americana Acrylics are still good to use:
- If your paints can be re-mixed by shaking or stirring, they are fine to use.
- If the paints can't be successfully shaken or stirred, they should be discarded and replaced.
- If there are small pieces of dried matter in the paint, you can create a filter by unscrewing the paint cap, placing a small piece of nylon stocking or similar fine-weave, thin fabric over the opening, then putting the cap back on. When you squeeze out the paint, dried matter will stay inside the bottle, and only smooth paint will flow out.
- If there are "strings" in the paint, it is best to discard and replace it.
Dry time can depend on temperature, humidity, thickness of application etc. Americana Acrylics normal dry to touch within 15 minutes or less.
To Use DecoArt Acrylics on Fabric:
MixÂ DecoArtÂ Fabric Painting MediumÂ with paint (2 parts paint, 1 part medium). The painted design should be heat-set with an iron once the paint has cured.
Click on the images below to create these handy projects: