The Prayer Shawl Companion Book: 38 Knitted Designs to Embrace, Inspire, and Celebrate Life
Gift the gift of comfort with a lovingly knit prayer shawl.
Delve deeper into your spiritual practice through giving.
For years, people have been knitting prayer shawls - soft wraps to comfort those in times of need and to help others celebrate special occasions. Written by the two women at the heart of this groundswell of charity knitting, The Prayer Shawl Companion presents 38 wondrous wraps for all occasions, from baptism to remembrance.
- Discover easy, intermediate, and challenging patterns for inspiring creations such as The Calming Shawl, and the Friendship Patchwork Shawl, and many more.
- Since knitting itself can be a gloriously spiritual activity, Bristow and Cole-Galo also offer you advice on creating a peaceful creative environment and include a selection of heartwarming stories from shawl recipients.
- Plus 10 patterns from professional knitwear designers like Kaffe Fassett and Nicky Epstein.
About the Authors
Janet Severi Bristow and Victoria A. Cole-Galo are authors of the bestselling Prayer Shawl Companion and The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion, and founders of the Prayer Shawl Ministry (www.shawlministry.com). They travel nationwide to conduct shawl ministry workshops. Both women are graduates of the Hartford Seminary’s Women’s Leadership Institute.
- Published by Taunton Press on September 23, 2008
- Paperback, 176 Pages, English
- Dimensions 8" x 0.36" x 10"