Totally Tangled: Zentangle and Beyond
Zentangle is a form of Art Therapy to Focus Your Mind, Reduce Stress, Relax, and Build Creative Confidence
Over 100 Meditative Tangles, Patterns, and Doodles
- Discover over 100 tangles inspired by Zentangle
- Learn the basics of Zentangle, plus get familiar with your tools and supplies
- Practice shading, incorporating color, and adding polish to your tangles
- Be influenced by international designs from India, Japan, and Egypt
- Learn how to design and combine strings, grids, circles, triangles, and more
- Tangle styles include elemental, landscape, plants, animals, household, and architecture
- Gather inspiration from galleries of ideas for 3-D objects, journals, sketchbooks, wall art, and more
- Use your versatile Zentangles to decorate any surface.
- Micron pens make drawing your tangles simple and permanent.
Zentangle is about filling spaces using patterns that start with a simple line and become more beautiful and seemingly complex as areas are filled. The appeal of the process is that if you don't think you can draw at all, tangling will prove you wrong!
The Zentangle Method, created by artists Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, is meditation achieved through pattern-making. A "Zentangle" is a drawing that looks complicated, but is built one line at a time. Simple tangles, or patterns, are combined in an unplanned way that grows and changes in amazing directions. With your mind engaged in drawing, your body relaxes. Anxiety and stress move to the back burner. Often, new insights are uncovered along with a sense of confidence in your creative abilities.
Learn the basics of Zentangle plus tips on designing your own tangle patterns.
This book is filled with 52 pages of great ideas, Zentangle artwork, tips and a gazillion new Tangles.
Get inspiration from 12 artists - all completely addicted to this amazing art form.
Published by Design Originals on January 1, 2010
Paperback, 48 pages, English
Dimensions 8.3" x 0.2" x 8.3"